RELIEVING THE EFFECTS OF PEPPERBALL
PepperBall® projectiles provide powerful stopping power. Targeting all of one’s senses, exposure to the PepperBall organic irritant may incapacitate an individual for up to 15 minutes. However, the influences of PAVA exposure are temporary with no permanent effects.
Check out the all new PepperBall® Decontamination Wipes made out of activated carbon non-woven fabric for the effective dry decontamination of persons, weapons, and sensitive equipment.
BEGIN DECONTAMINATION AFTER THE SUSPECT IS CONTROLLED AND IN CUSTODY.
- Provide fresh air and cool, clean water
- Keep suspect calm
- Reassure suspect that the effects are temporary
- Look for unusual reactions
- Monitor for distress, coherence and respiration (excited delirium)
- If in doubt, summon medical aid
- Use mist sprayer and wet vac for structures and vehicles
- Always leave notice of contamination at scene
USING A SPRAYER AND WET DRY VACUMN
- Mist the contaminated area with water. Pay special attention to cracks, corners and concealed areas
- Make sure to wet the filter and add approximately 1 to 2 inches of water in the bottom of the vacuum before use
- A N95 or similar mask may be used after deployment
Mask utilizing charcoal filter is best option
Consider carrying water and eyewash to decon yourself and other officers